WarOfWordsng.com – Terms and Conditions.
The following terms and conditions govern all use of the current version of the WarOfWords website. The Website is offered subject to your acceptance of all of the terms and conditions contained herein and all other operating rules, policies and procedures that may be published from time to time on this site by WarOfWords.
Please read this Agreement carefully before accessing or using the Website. By accessing or using any part of the web site, you agree to become bound by the terms and conditions of this agreement. If you do not agree to all the terms and conditions of this agreement, then you may not access the Website or use any services. If these terms and conditions are considered an offer by WarOfWords, acceptance is expressly limited to these terms.
These terms have not been set out in poetic form, if you choose to rework the concepts as such, we will be entertained but they will not replace the terms of this agreement without further agreement.
- WarOfWords provides a safe and secure home for your poetry; to facilitate, support and assist you to write, read, upload and share poetry with others on the WarOfWords site and a wider audience beyond in online and offline contexts.
- WarOfWords welcomes anyone who wishes to join us in these activities.
- There is no charge for using this version of WarOfWords except for the Premium Slam Competition.
- Anyone, aged 13 or over can join WarOfWordsng.com by providing basic contact information (first and last name, email address, country of residence). Once registered, set up a fuller profile (if you want) and promote your poetry within WarOfWords and to a wider audience beyond.
- There is no restriction to anonymous use of pseudonyms – if you wish to use the site but do not wish to be identified, but please see point 19 below.
Intellectual property (Copyright)
- WarOfWords respects the intellectual property of others and we ask you to do the same.
- The copyright for your poetry on the WarOfWords site belongs to you now and forever.
- We will respect your privacy.
- We ask you to remember that any information you choose to post publicly (poetry, responses and reviews, audio files, videos) on this site is, of course, public.
- As a matter of courtesy, we will let you know of external media interest in your work, where it is expressed to us.
- If a poetry, or other, publisher expresses an interest in your work, we shall ask them to make direct contact with you through your WarOfWords profile.
- We will never sell your poetry or your other data to a third party.
- We will take appropriate steps to ensure that any financial information you provide us, including credit card numbers, is stored securely.
Disrespectful and illegal Content
- By inviting you to participate in WarOfWords, we are building an online platform centered on the artform of poetry which can accommodate a wide diversity of ideas, genres and world views. Please be aware, however, when participating, that we retain the right to remove disrespectful, distasteful or illegal content of which we become aware, or to which we are alerted by WarOfWords members or others. If you act disrespectfully, distasteful or illegally on WarOfWords.com, we reserve the right to terminate your membership at any time and without prior warning and to remove your poems from the site.
- WarOfWords.com may employ cookies and other technologies such as web beacons and pixel tags. Cookies are bits of electronic information that can be transferred to a user’s hard drive to customize a person’s use of a product or online site, keep records of a user’s access to an online site or product, or store information needed by the user on a regular basis. For example, when you sign in to WarOfWords, we store your user id and a combination of your IP address and time of login as a cookie on your hard drive. This cookie allows you to move from page to page without having to sign in again on each page.
- If you want to delete any cookies that are already on your computer, please refer to the instructions for your file management software or web browser to locate and delete the cookies or files related to the site WarOfWords.com.
- WarOfWords is the trading name for i2X Media Company Limited which is a limited liability company registered in Nigeria, West Africa.
Law and Jurisdiction
- These Terms and Conditions shall be governed by the laws of Nigeria and any dispute between the Parties relating to these Terms and Conditions will fall within the jurisdiction of the courts of Nigeria.
- Feedback comments and constructive criticism will help us to make WarOfWords better and introduce the additional features you want. We are serious about reading and responding to all feedback we receive. If you have any questions, concerns, or comments, please refer to our Q&A page or email us using the contact us button.
Thank you. And now, please enjoy!